The students and the directors of the Kimberly High School Choirs work cooperatively in order to achieve musical excellence.
Everyday, we strive to:
The Kimberly High School Choirs provide:
- A high–quality music education experience to all interested students.
- An environment that promotes aesthetic appreciation, expression, and creativity.
- An interdisciplinary approach to musical knowledge and skills.
- A curriculum that promotes sequential musical maturation.
- Performance opportunities that demonstrate mastery of musical skills as deemed appropriate by the performance repertoire and the skill level of a given ensemble.
- A relaxed, yet structured atmosphere for critical analysis of individual and ensemble performance.
- Formative and summative assessments that monitor individual and ensemble development.
- Musical service to the Kimberly High School community and communities throughout the Fox Cities region.
- Communication with parents and community members to keep them informed of program expectations and the importance of their involvement.
- Opportunities that teach self-confidence and that help students to foster a positive self–image.
- An appreciation for choral music as a leisure activity and a lifelong skill.
The Kimberly High School Choirs will:
- Contribute to a diverse and well–rounded curriculum through high–quality choral repertoire and instructional materials that represent a variety of styles, cultures, and historical eras.
- Perform both secular and sacred choral music within an educational and historical context, which is essential to a comprehensive music education.
- Help students to:
- Understand the concepts of proper vocal production.
- Improve individual proficiency in music literacy (sight–reading, music theory concepts, and aural skills) and expressive/artistic performance practices.
- Apply musical knowledge to repertoire that is being rehearsed and/or performed.
- Give students opportunities to participate in ensemble performances in order to practice performance etiquette and understand the rewards of hard work.
- Maintain a standard of excellence in both vocal music performance and student behavior.
Students in Kimberly High School Choirs will be able to:
- Develop a working framework of proper vocal production (proper breath support, correct intonation, a mature/rich tone quality, and crisp diction) and the ability to listen with discrimination.
- Increase their own music literacy by investigating and understanding the relationship between sound and symbol.
- Recognize musical elements and demonstrate expressive qualities in a variety of choral repertoire.
- Contribute to the blend, balance, and quality of an ensemble while developing the ability to sing a given vocal part independently, securely, and uniformly.
- Gain confidence in performing by practicing performance etiquette, listening to, analyzing and describing music, and evaluating music performances.
- Develop self–discipline by functioning as a responsible member of a choral organization.
- Recognize the unique values of singing, value music as a means of self–expression, and be able to perform for self–enjoyment and for the enjoyment of others.
- Understand the relationship of music to the other arts and disciplines outside of the arts.
- Experience success through group involvement.